- Notify Companies of Change of Address: Tell everyone who sends you important mail about your change of address. This includes the post office, insurance companies, magazine subscriptions, creditors, cell phone companies, banks, etc, so you can keep receiving your mail.
- Update Licenses/Registration: Update your driver’s license, car registration, and voter registration. This may involve a “pleasant” trip to the DMV!
- Medical/Emergency Care: Make sure you’ve found hospitals, doctors, dentists, and vets in your area. You never know when you’ll face an emergency, and it’s best to be prepared!
- Secure Your Home: Make sure you change your locks right after you move in – you never know who has a key. Reprogram your garage door opener and check all window locks to make sure they’re working properly.
- Utilities: Put the utilities in your name if you haven’t already – remembering to do so will save you stress and hassle down the line!
TagsChicago Area Movers chicago movers Moving Company
Subscribe to Blackhawk Moving & Storage's Blog